Using Castor is super easy! Just follow the steps below, depending on what you want to achieve within Castor:
No matter what type of user you are, you must begin by creating your Castor account.
Study admin path
Create your own study as a study admin.
- Create your study by clicking on the 'Start a new study' button on the 'My studies' landing page.
- Build your study structure by creating study phases (patient visits) and study steps (containers for your question fields).
- Build your study forms, reports, and surveys where patient data will be entered.
- Test your newly created forms by creating new test records, checking your calculation fields and dependencies.
- Invite other participating researchers to help you manage your study and enter data when your study is set to live.
- Set rights for each of your added users, turning them into other study managers, data-entry users, or monitors.
- Set your study to live in study settings and start collecting clean and valid data for your study!
Data entry path
Enter a live study as a data-entry user to enter patient data.
- Enter the live study you were invited to do data-entry for by clicking on the 'All records' button on the My studies landing page.
- Create new patient records using the 'Create a new record' button on the Records page within the study. Specify the patient's treatment institute.
- Enter patient data, completing a study phase each time the patient visits. Note that patient data can also be imported from a CSV file.
- As unexpected events occur, add reports to the patient's record to attach additional information.
- Send out surveys to patients to fill out at home.
- Add question field comments to explain your reasoning for certain values.
- Respond to monitor queries as they review your work.
- Export your data to keep on record.
Enter a live study as a monitor to review patient data.
- Enter the live study you were invited to monitor for by clicking on the 'All records' button on the landing page.
- View the records in the study's Records tab.
- Enter a patient's record to begin reviewing the entered data.
- As you find discrepancies in data or other oddities, add a query to the afflicted fields to ask questions to the data-entry users.
Some other helpful actions that can be done in Castor
- Send notifications to the desired user when a specific event occurs within the study. You must have specific rights to set and alter the notification settings.
- View the audit trail to review all of the actions done within the study. You must have specific rights to view the audit trail.
- Lock and electronically sign phases and steps within a record. You must have specific rights to lock and sign phases and steps.
- Change your account settings, including your name, email, and password.