The article explains how to create your first study within Castor.
- First, login to Castor EDC. If you do not have an account, first register in Castor by following these instructions.
- After logging in, you will be taken to the My studies page, which contains the list of studies you are currently managing or have been invited to.
2. Create a new study
To create a new study click on the 'Start a new study' button after login:
3. Fill in the study details
You will need to fill in the following details of your study:
- Study name: Fill in a study name, which must be globally unique within Castor.
- Study ID (URL): The Study ID is a short unique study identifier that consists of alphanumerical characters only. It is used in the URLs of your study, so you can bookmark pages within your study. The study URL is limited up to 250 characters.
- Trial registry ID: Fill in the ID of the trial registry your study is registered in (if applicable, e.g. clinicaltrials.gov)
- Institute: Complete the details of the institute that your study will be associated with.
- Institute Country: Choose a country where the institute is located.
- Institute Abbreviation: Enter the institute abbreviation consisting of minimum of three letters and maximum of five letters. Use it to affiliate a participant with a hospital, and as part of a participant study ID. There are no restrictions when you create your own institute abbreviation(s) within your study.
- Use example forms: If you are new to Castor, we recommend to use the example forms. When you enable this setting, we create your study with some example phases, steps and fields to get you quickly started.
- Study type: If you are using this study for testing purposes only, choose test study. If you are collecting data, please choose real study.
If you are collecting real data and to ensure that you have the best experience of Castor, please confirm that you have followed the workshop and aware of the manual:
Press 'Get started!' to create your study and build your data collection forms.
Your new study is ready!
Watch the video walk-through to further acquaint yourself with Castor: