If the study has never been live, it is possible to transfer the study to another server using the following steps.
Export data from the current study
- Log in to the server your study is currently stored on.
- Export the complete study structure from your current study.
- Log out of Castor.
Migrate data to a new server
- On the login page, select the target server from the dropdown menu, as shown below:
2. Sign into the target server with your normal Castor user and password. Once logged in, you will see the full list of studies you have access to, even those hosted on other servers.
3. Create a new empty study - when creating the study, ensure that the 'use example forms' box is not checked. Whilst naming the new study, it is recommended to include information in the new study name about the server, e.g. MyStudyName (UK).
4. Use the exported xml file to import the study structure into your new study - you will be required to re-add any users to your study and to re-create the randomization settings, record ID configuration and study properties etc.
If the study is in progress or has previously been live, please submit the request to email@example.com.
You can find more information about choosing which server to use here: selecting data storage location.