Data can be exported in SPSS, Excel, and CSV formats. This means that once the data is exported, it can be easily imported into SAS, Stata or R. Please note that multiple variable names beginning with the same 64 characters will not be able to be exported due to duplicate records.
Apart from the study data, the export file will contain list of all the variables created in the study and list of all the option groups with the option group names and values.
Navigate to the Records tab and click the Export button. Choose All Records to export all records. If you are exporting only selected records, first select the records of interest and then click Export and Selected Records:
Note: Selecting 'All records' will only export the records from the institute(s) for which you have Export rights.
Choose the export type
In the Export options dialog window you can adjust export settings:
- Select the file format you want to export your data in. Choose between CSV, Excel and SPSS formats. You also have the option to download uploaded files (when using the the Upload file field) as a ZIP-file containing all the uploaded files in your study. With the option Upload CSV to sFTP you can send exported CSV files directly to another computer over sFTP, allowing for integration with other data processing platforms.
- In case you select CSV or Excel as export type, pick the way options are displayed in the export. Numbers will export the option values, while Names will export the options labels.
- Select between exporting the certain parts of the study, variable list or specific variables.
- Choose whether you want to export all comments. These will be exported to a separate sheet in Excel.
- Choose whether you want to export all queries. These will be exported to a separate sheet in Excel.
It is possible to decide which part of the study you want to export. By default, the export will contain all the data from your study, reports and surveys. This is shown in the Entire study export structure immediately being selected in the tree-view.In this interactive tree-view you can select smaller subsets (on the step-level). Using this tree-view you can export only a subset of your data, for example only study, reports, surveys or steps of your study, any report or any particular survey.
Your export will be saved as a zip-file, containing either:
- An Excel file with separate sheets for the study data, each report, each survey, a list of variables and option groups. Examples of a study export and report export are shown below:
- A set of separate CSV files, one for study data and one for each report and survey, a list of variables and option groups, example below:
- A set of .dat and .sps files to import into SPSS, including a PDF instructions file, example below:
Importing data into SPSS
To import your data into SPSS please follow this link: How do I import Castor data in SPSS?