Castor EDC 2020.1 release notes
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Release date: 12 Feb 2020
Main features & improvements
The notifications functionality has been extended, it is now possible to set up report specific notifications instead of a notification that is triggered for all reports that are created.
When selecting new report added to a record, choose from the dropdown menu which is the specific report that you are interested in receiving the notification.
- The records view mode dropdown and filters have been moved to allow for more records to be displayed.
- New filters are available for the records overview. Besides filtering by Record Progress and Institute, records can now also be filtered by: Created by, Created between, Last updated by and Last updated between.
- The records overview in the Step/Phase view mode has been updated. Per phase/step there is an indication if there are any comments, how many open queries there are and if the phase/step is SDV’ed, signed, or locked. The progress per phase/step is also shown.
- Buttons have been added to apply and reset the study filters.
- The data importer now shows a preview of all data that will be imported, this gives the user the option to see the results before it is actually imported and allows for cancelling the import. In addition, any errors during import will be summarized in the top of the preview.
- You will now be able to add QR codes to study forms, reports and surveys. QR codes can contain information about the current logged in user, record institute, record id and record values for any variable in the study.
Bug fixes & minor improvements
- The number of records for a study that has never been set to live has been increased to 10.
- Data entry speed improvements for studies with a large number of steps and phases.
- Repeated measures grid in data entry has been restored to show 6 variables instead of 5.
- When navigating through data entry with the Tab key, it sometimes happened that the Previous and Next button were disabled. This has been fixed.
- Study settings now displays the Study ID, which can be used for the API.
- We are abbreviating long study names in data export files now, because it was not possible to open the file in some cases due to Windows limitations.
- Fixed a bug where 'Reason for change' was triggered too often, not respecting 30s wait time when a field was just updated.
2020.1.1 February 13th 2020
- Reduce internal logging of the application and fix small bugs for:
- Updating field value, without actually changing the value
- Record ID generation by custom pattern where records exceed the pattern limits
- Saving survey package instances triggered errors in some cases
2020.1.2 February 18th 2020
- Fixed a bug where some previously stored bookmarks in IE 11 were no longer working and would show a blank page.
- Fixed a bug where the api endpoint /study/<study_id>user would return a status 500 when there is a user present in the study that has never logged in.
- Fixed a bug where no survey package reminders were sent if a survey package reminder did not have an email address.
2020.1.3 February 21st 2020
- Fixed a bug where usage of the automation engine would slow down study data entry, which got more noticeable for larger studies.
2020.1.4 February 21st 2020
- Improve error message for importing survey structures that result in errors.
2020.1.5 March 11th 2020
- Fixed a bug where some saved/bookmarked urls were directing the user to the correct place.
- Fixed a bug where automations sometimes could not be saved after a new deployment of EDC.
- Fixed a bug where study settings could not be saved when switching when a live study switched from invoice details to a billing code.
- Fixed a bug where the API structure export returned form names instead of form collection names.
- Performance improvement for loading a study. Specifically for studies with a very large study this resulted in the study not loading at all.
2020.1.6 March 22nd 2020
- Fixed a bug in the FHIR importer where data importing in a report instance triggered an error.
- Split the EU and US region for performance improvements in the US. The accounts for both regions are now split.
2020.1.7 March 27th 2020
- Fixed a bug where in some cases automations for survey sending were not working correctly after editing and re-saving the automation.
- Added COVID-19 survey banner to login page.
2020.1.8 April 7th 2020
- Increased size of QR codes in data entry for easier scanning.
- Speed improvement for navigating from the overall reports tab to a specific report.
2020.1.9 April 7th 2020
- Fixed a bug where not all survey reminders were automatically sent on a daily rhythm.
2020.1.10 April 29th 2020
- Fixed a performance issue where the API would slow down if a lot of survey package instances were requested for a single study.
2020.1.11 May 7th 2020
- Fixed API endpoint for report data entry and survey data entry that returned an error when saving field values.
2020.1.12 May 14th 2020
- Fixed a bug where the queries overview did not load all queries a study with a large amount of institutes.
- Fixed a bug where the reports overview kept loading when closing a report.
2020.1.13 May 20th 2020
- Fixed a bug where the queries overview did not display the correct queries per page. Instead, all pages displayed the queries of the first page.
- Fixed a bug where Survey packages with more than 255 fields in one survey did not open correctly.
2020.1.14 May 20th 2020
- Survey invitations were no longer opening on the step where the participant was on, in case the survey was reloaded/reopened. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug where the study statistics tab would time out and not display all data for large studies with >400 institutes.
2020.1.15 May 20th 2020
- Additional speed improvements for study statistics.
2020.1.16 June 5th 2020
- Remove study continuity banner on login page.
2020.1.17 June 12th 2020
- Fixed a bug where, when data entered for a grid field and the grid field changed from text inputs to dropdown, data entry crashed when reopening the step where the grid field was on.
2020.1.18 June 12th 2020
- Fixed randomization id's not going over 1000 for a single randomization group.