To start using Castor, you need to first create an account. This is completely free of charge. Learn how to register in Castor by following the steps below.
You can register a Castor account in two ways:
- Using the Castor EDC website: To register via the website, navigate to the login page via the Castor EDC website or directly go to data.castoredc.com/register. Click the 'New to Castor? Register here' button to access the registration page and create your Castor account.
- By following an invitation link sent to your email when a study admin adds you as a user to their study: If you have received an invitation to a study in your email, clicking on the emailed link will redirect you to the registration page.
Adding Account Details
Registration in Castor is easy - just complete the registration form:
- Server - In Castor, we have servers available in the Netherlands, UK, US and Australia. You can choose where the data of the studies you create will be stored. If you are invited by another user to participate in a study, the link in the invitation email should direct to the relevant server location by default.
- First name/last name - This will be also be displayed as your Castor username.
- Email address and password: Enter your email address and choose a strong password. Your password must be eight or more characters in length, and include at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter and a number.
- Once all fields are complete, click the 'Register' button to finish and create your Castor account. This will send an activation email to the email address you provided previously. The activation link in this email is only valid for 30 days, so we advise verifying your email address right away. If you don't receive the activation email, we recommend that you check your spam/junk folder.
Log into Castor
Once your account is activated, you can log into Castor.
In the login screen, you are given the option to choose which server you want to log on to.
Castor has a separate database within the stand-alone regions. Our US server is in the Americas (US) region, our NL and UK servers are in the European (EU) region and our Australian server (AU) is in Australia. This means that if you need access to studies in more than one region (EU and US), you need an account in each region.
- US server - https://us.castoredc.com
- UK server - https://uk.castoredc.com
- NL server - https://data.castoredc.com
- AU server - https://au.castoredc.com
This is relevant if you have data on multiple servers (e.g. if you are participating in two studies, one located on the UK server, the other on the Dutch server).
If you were invited to a study by another user and do not have your own study, then you should leave the server location as it is. It is recommended to bookmark your preferred server location, as this will allow you to login without needing to change the server location.