Castor Connect 2021.2 release notes
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Android release date: 3 December 2021
iOS release date: 1 February 2022
Additional fields available in Castor Connect
- Users can now build mobile-enabled surveys using the summary field
- Summary fields can display other question responses from within the same submission - for example, you could provide a helpful review screen at the end of your survey summarising the participant's responses
Greater visibility of participant data and permissions
- A new setting screen has been added within the app to act as a hub for participants wanting to manage their data and permissions
- Within the settings screen, users now have a 'Data' area that allows then to see their current connectivity status and a list of previously submitted surveys
- This list of submitted data will indicate whether the data was successfully submitted, or is pending
- A new sync button will be made available, allowing users to manually prompt their app to submit their data to Castor's servers
- Also within the setting screen, a new permissions screen makes it clear to users what the Castor Connect app has access to, and has been granted permission to use during their time participating on the study
- Push notifications associated with the sending of ad hoc mobile survey packages have been migrated to a more reliable, sever-based system - meaning that sending a survey package to a participant ('right now') will trigger a push notification for users of the new version of the application
- How reminders are configures remains the same as previous
- Issues resolved where a limited number of fields would have a default value when first navigate to = now no default response
- Mobile survey start and end times will not be displayed within the portal audit trail
- 'Start time' for the purposes of mobile survey packages will be the time a participant opened the survey package they later successfully submitted
- 'End time' for the purposes of mobile survey packages will be the time a participant completed their survey locally
- An issue that caused negative values to be disallowed in some numeric fields has been resolved
- Participants who are archived by their clinician in the Castor portal will no longer be able to complete assessments in-app; this can be resolved by unarchiving the participant
Release 2021.2.1 - 10 February 2021
- Resolved issue where in limited circumstances the app being minimized would cause an issue with being able to display survey packages correctly.