Castor EDC has an Application Programming Interface (API) that supports authentication and authorization of API calls through the industry standard OAuth2. In this article you can learn about its authentication, documentation, and troubleshooting.
Generate an API Client ID and Client Secret through your 'Account Settings' page:
With this client ID and secret you can request an access token, which you can use to access your Castor data. The access token is valid for 5 hours before it expires.
Please note that the Client ID and Secret grant the same access to your data as your own username and password. Please treat them as such and do not hand them out to third parties, unless you want to allow them to have access to your data via your account.
Documentation & testing endpoints
All documentation for the API can be found on https://data.castoredc.com/api. If your study is on a different server, please make sure you use the right URL for the documentation:
On the documentation page you can try out the endpoints:
- Before you start, please make sure that you're a user in a study with the appropriate access rights.
- Click on the green Authorize button on the right:
- Enter your API credentials in the popup.
- Click on one of the endpoints and click on "Try it out".
- Enter data for the parameters if applicable.
- Click "Execute". You will see the response below the endpoint.
If you run into errors that you cannot solve, check if they are listed in our API Troubleshooting article. If you have any other issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.