To create a new record, follow the instructions provided below:
- Click on the 'Records' tab
- Click on '+ New record' button. You will be prompted to select the institute to which the record is linked. If you can't find your institute listed, you can follow these instructions to add it to your study. By default, Castor CRF will generate incremental IDs per institute. There are however other ways to set up custom IDs. See Customize record IDs for more details.
- Once you click on 'Next', your record will be created and will appear in the 'Records' tab overview.
- After creating your record, you can search for records in the search field.
Change record ID
Once a record is created, it is not possible to change the record ID. However, it is possible to create a new record with the correct ID and import the existing data into the new record by following the steps below. Please note that it is only possible to import study and report data; it is not possible to import survey data, comments, or queries.
- Export the data of the record in .csv format.
- Unzip the file.
- Create a new record with the right record ID.
- Import study data
- Upon importing, select the file that contains study data. It will look like 'STUDYNAME_export_DATE.csv'.
- Import report data.
- Reports are saved in separate files. For example, SAE reports are stored in the file 'STUDYNAME_SAE_DATE.csv' and repeated blood pressure measurements are stored in the file 'STUDYNAME_Blood_pressure_DATE.csv'. You will have to import every report separately.
- Delete the 'old' record with the incorrect record ID.