The 'Monitoring' tab gives an overview of all the queries, data validations and dropped verifications in a study. To enable monitoring for your study, go to the study 'Settings' and change the setting 'Monitoring' to "Yes".
Once enabled in the study, users with applicable rights can view the monitoring tab, which contains overviews of queries, data validations and dropped verifications.
The 'Monitoring' tab contains three subtabs. Open the 'Queries' tab to access the queries overview:
- You can filter by status (open, resolved, closed or all Monitoring queries), or by institute to only show queries for records which belong to a particular institute.
- An overview of all queries in the study (unless you filtered the results) are displayed here.
By clicking on the column name, the queries can be sorted based on the associated record ID or by creation date. Clicking the status icon next to a query opens an information window, in which all comments related to the query can be reviewed. It is also possible to add a remark and change the status of the query, if necessary.
The 'Validations' sub-tab displays all active validation fields in study, reports or surveys of the type Exclusion, Warning, and Message. Note: Error validations are not displayed, as any value that triggers an error message is never saved:
- Again you can filter validations by type (Warning or Message) or by institute to show records with validations which belong to a particular institute.
- An overview of all records is given with the details of the validation.
- The operator represents how the field value and the reference value are compared, depending on the setup of the validation message. There are several operators: greater than, greater than or equal to, equal to, smaller than, smaller than or equal to, not. The 'Reference value' represents the value that is used in comparison to the value that was entered in a field, as defined during the validation setup.
To open the record and jump to the step with the validation, click on the eye icon in the column 'View'.
This sub-tab displays all dropped verifications in the study, in addition to any reports:
- Choose to show dropped verifications only for study or reports. The resulting data can also be filtered by user and by institute.
- The overview of all dropped verifications in the study/reports. Note: this overview does not display active verifications.
To open the record and directly view the step where the verification was dropped, click on the eye icon in the column 'View'.
To see all active verifications, go to the 'Records' tab and use the "progress by step" view mode. Verified steps can be identified by a green checkmark.
The 'Monitoring' tab will also appear in the record view and will include the same sub-tabs, but these will contain only the information (queries, validations, and dropped verifications) associated with the selected record.