Copy Forms in EDC/CDMS
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
You can copy forms in the study structure, the repeating data structure and the survey structure.
To copy a form, click the cogwheel to the right of the form you wish to copy and click 'Copy form'.
Enter copied form details
- Copy to: Choose to which structure type you want to copy the form (Study, Repeating Data, Surveys)
- Location: Choose to which location (visit/repeating data/survey) you want to copy the form.
- Position: Choose the position for the copied form by selecting an existing form from the dropdown menu.
- New Form name: Choose the new form name. Make sure to choose a unique name, form names are required to be unique.
- New Form description: Add a form description for the copied form.
- Add or replace prefix/suffix: Add or replace a prefix/suffix for all the variables names in the copied form.
Copy dependencies?: Choose whether you want to copy existing dependencies using the provided dropdown menu. You can select:
- 'No' to copy the form without dependencies.
- 'Yes, and refer them to original fields' to copy the form with exact same dependencies.
- 'Yes, and refer them to the copied fields' to copy the form and make the copied form dependent on the original copied field.
Click 'Save' to copy the form.
When adding a prefix/suffix, there are three options to choose from:
1. Add a prefix or suffix
Example: If the original form had two variables named blood_pressure_systolic and blood_pressure_diastolic you can add the prefix 'visit_2_' so that the variables on the newly copied form will be named visit_2_blood_pressure_systolic and visit_2_blood_pressure_diastolic.
2. Replace the prefix or suffix
If your original form had two variables, visit_1_blood_pressure_systolic and visit_1_blood_pressure_diastolic, you can replace the section 'visit_1_' with the section 'visit_2_', so that the variables on the newly copied form will be renamed as visit_2_blood_pressure_systolic and visit_2_blood_pressure_diastolic.
3. Do nothing
This option does not add or replace anything in the variable name.
If applicable: please make sure that copied calculations are still referring to the correct variable names.
Copy a Visit
It is only possible to copy a single form at once. If you want to duplicate a visit, you can export the visit and import it again on the new position. Since variable names must be unique, you will need to change the variable names within the copied visit.