Can surveys be filled in on site in EDC/CDMS?
Completing survey via a web browser
If you do not have the email address of the survey participant or you want the respondent to directly fill in a survey during a visit on site, you can still use the survey module without sending actual email invitations to the participant.
You will still have to create the survey invitations for the participant (patient) in Castor EDC. Since an email is required to do this, you can enter your own email address. Just select 'decide later' when asked to set the time of sending so you do not actually receive the email invitation.
When the patient is on site, e.g. during a visit, you have two options:
- If you have a device, such as a tablet that the patient can use:
- Log in with your user account on that device.
- Access the survey in the participant's overview by clicking on the cogwheel next to the survey invitation and selecting the option 'Open in new window'.
- Close the other tab where you were logged in.
- Hand the device to the patient.
Note: Your user name will be logged in the audit trail under all survey data entry related events.
- If you do not have a device, but would like the patient to fill in the survey on paper:
- Log in with your user account on a device connected to a printer.
- Print the survey in the participant's overview by clicking on the cogwheel next to the survey invitation and selecting the option 'Print'.
Surveys sent via Castor Connect
Castor Connect surveys must be completed by the intended recipient/participant and them alone.