Create a general survey link to share with multiple participants in CDMS
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
It is possible to create one general survey link using the Open Survey feature. An open survey link in Castor CDMS is a unique URL generated by the system that allows participants to access and complete a survey without needing to be logged into the platform.
To enable it, when creating a survey package, select the checkbox field for the option ‘Allow creation of open survey link’.
Once it is activated, you can start generating links for your study and share it with multiple participants, in newsletters or forums.
To enable the open survey link in your survey package
- Navigate to Study structure tab and click on Survey packages.
- Click on the cogwheel next to the survey package where you want to enable, then select "Edit survey package".
- Check "Allow creation of open survey link" and Save. The open survey link is now enabled and a link will be generated after saving the change.
- To view the link, navigate to the Study structure -> Survey packages -> Cogwheel next to the survey package and click 'View open survey link':
- For each completed survey via this link, a new participant is created in the study. Therefore, you need to select a default site for these newly created participants.
Please note that surveys created from the open survey link and the manual surveys are not differentiated. If you'd like to keep them separated, we recommend creating a different site or survey package designated for the open survey link surveys.