Custom columns can be created to show specific variable values in the Record overview. For example:
1. Manage custom columns
Custom columns can only be created by users with "Manage Settings" rights.
- Navigate to the Settings tab (1), then scroll to "Other".
- Click on "Manage custom columns" (2).
- A dialog window 'Manage Custom Columns' will show up. Click on 'Add column'.
- Select the variable you want to display in the column. Provide the column header name. Click on "Save" to add the column. If the field has an option group, choose whether the option group values or labels should be shown.
Note: Encrypted fields cannot be used for custom columns.
2. Add a custom column to the record overview
In the Records tab, data entry users are now able to view any custom columns. To add columns to the record list, click on the arrow next to any column header and select the newly added column in the 'columns' section:
Note: if the added column does not show immediately, try refreshing your browser. Each user has to select the column to be able to see it. Currently, you cannot sort the records based on custom columns.