Here we will explain how to add a report to a record.
You can find this manual item also in our workshop. Click here to open the workshop video.
The reports tab in Data Entry
To start, access a record in the records tab or create a new one. Opening the record and selecting the reports tab will display the reports overview:
- You can filter by report, report type (event, medication, unscheduled phase, repeated measure or other), report name or by the phase to which a report was attached.
- Here you can see the list of all reports added to this record.
- To add a new report, click the 'Add a report' button.
After pressing the 'Add a report' button this dialog shows:
- First choose which report you want to add to this record.
- You can define a custom name for it.
- You can choose to attach the report to a phase or another report. By attaching a report to a phase it will get listed in the Phase/Step navigator on the left side of the normal data entry window as well. The Report can also be attached to unscheduled phases.
Click the 'Create' button to add the report to the record and fill in the data. Click on the 'Create and add another' button to create this report and add another one.
Opening the report
Open the report by clicking on its row. The overview panel will collapse and the report data entry panel will slide up from the bottom of the view:
- Click on 'All reports' to return to the reports overview.
- The left hand side of the view shows the steps in the report, which works in the same way as the normal step navigator (see: Enter data in your eCRF).
- Data can be entered into a report in the same way as for regular study forms.
- Each field has a cogwheel icon that opens up a menu with options and actions.
Within the Reports tab, each report has a cogwheel icon that opens up a menu with related options and actions:
- Open report: opens the report in the data entry window.
- Edit report: allows you to update the custom name of the given report and attach it to a different phase.
- Delete report: remove the report from the record (please note: this will delete all associated data with it). Click here to read more about the conditions for deleting a report.
- Archive a report: removes the report from the normal data collection, but data will still be saved in the database. Archived data won't be exported.
- Print report: creates a printable overview of all report steps and the collected data.
If you want to quickly go to the report overview, consider switching between the report and the overview tab by pressing on the '-' and '+' signs: