The Study Dashboard in EDC/CDMS
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
The Study Dashboard allows to track the progress of your study, including:
- Participant recruitment
- Data collection progress
The Study Dashboard is a beta feature which is being tested with a selected amount of users.
Please note that the data aggregated in the dashboard is based on your personal viewing rights.
View the Study Dashboard
Once the Study Dashboard has been enabled for your study, follow these steps to open it:
1. Navigate to the ‘Dashboard’ tab.
2. Upon opening the dashboard, you will land on the Study Progress tab, which includes information on participant record creation, participant statuses, and study progress.
On top of the dashboard, you will see when the dashboard data was last updated and will have the opportunity to refresh it by clicking on the ‘Reload’ button.
It is possible to filter the dashboards by site and participant status using the ‘Filters’ button. The filter is saved on a study and user level and will, therefore, still be in place when returning to the dashboard at a later time.
On the ‘Study Progress’ tab, you can see the following graph and tables:
- Participant record creation over time: displays the number of participant records created over time. The graph either shows the cumulative number of records created (when all of the available sites are selected in the filter) or the number per site.
- Participant visit completion: shows the percentage of participants that have completed a visit, split out per site. The information is presented as a heatmap. The darker the blue, the higher the percentage.
- Visit status overview table: shows the number of visits across all participants that have been completed or not yet completed, source-data verified, signed or locked. This is non-exclusive, so a visit can be in multiple statuses.
The ‘Randomization’ tab contains a table and a graph, showing values for each randomization group on a per site basis including the following aggregate and average metrics:
- Number of randomized participatns
- Percentage of randomized participants
- Number of participants randomized in the last 30 days
- Number of randomized participants, average per month
The ‘Queries’ tab provides an overview of the pending queries, the average time to close queries and the forms with the most queries within a study. You will be able to track the following metrics related to queries:
- Number of total queries
- Number of pending queries
- Number of days to close queries, average
- Number of pending queries per site, average
To provide feedback about the dashboard functionality, please use the ‘Feedback’ button.
You will be asked to fill out a short survey and add any comments or suggestions you might have regarding the dashboard. We appreciate you taking time to submit the forms, as Castor is constantly working to improve the product based on customer feedback.