The Study Dashboard in EDC/CDMS
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
The Study Dashboard allows to track the progress of your study, including:
- Participant recruitment
- Data collection progress
Please note that the data aggregated in the dashboard is based on your personal viewing rights.
View the Study Dashboard
Follow these steps below to open the Study Dashboard:
1. Navigate to the ‘Dashboard’ tab.
2. Upon opening the dashboard, you will land on the Study Progress tab, which includes information on participant record creation, participant statuses, and study progress.
On top of the dashboard, you will see when the dashboard data was last updated and will have the opportunity to refresh it by clicking on the ‘Reload’ button.
It is possible to filter the dashboards by site and participant status using the ‘Filters’ button. The filter is saved on a study and user level and will, therefore, still be in place when returning to the dashboard at a later time. When working with the filter, if you select several sites and don’t save the selection by pressing the ‘Apply’ button, clicking the ‘Reset’ button will set the filter to the previous selection. It will not deselect everything.
On the ‘Study Progress’ tab, you can see the following graph and tables:
- Participant record creation over time: displays the number of participant records created over time. The graph either shows the cumulative number of records created (when all of the available sites are selected in the filter) or the number per site. The visible circles indicating dates on the graph are clickable. Doing so will automatically redirect users to the global participants overview, where the listings will show filtered data, according to the starting point and selected filters on the dashboard.
- Participant visit completion: shows the percentage of participants that have completed a visit, split out per site. The information is presented as a heatmap. The darker the blue, the higher the percentage. The 'Visit completion' table is clickable. Doing so will automatically redirected users to the global participants overview, where the listings will show filtered data, according to the starting point and selected filters on the dashboard.
- Participant Status: shows the participant statuses and the number of participant with the assigned status per site.
- Visit status overview table: shows the number of visits across all participants that have been completed or not yet completed, source-data verified, signed or locked. This is non-exclusive, so a visit can be in multiple statuses.
The cards 'Participant records' and 'Added last 30 days' of ‘Study Progress’ tab links to the participants data with drilled-down filters.
Note: If the study is not live and the user does not have ‘Manage Participants’ rights, none of the elements in the Study Progress tab are clickable
The ‘Randomization’ tab contains a table and a graph, showing values for each randomization group on a per site basis including the following aggregate and average metrics:
- Number of randomized participatns
- Percentage of randomized participants
- Number of participants randomized in the last 30 days
- Number of randomized participants, average per month
The ‘Queries’ tab provides an overview of the pending queries, the average time to close queries and the forms with the most queries within a study. You will be able to track the following metrics related to queries:
- Number of total queries
- Number of pending queries
- Number of days to close queries, average
- Number of pending queries per site, average
To provide feedback about the dashboard functionality, please use the ‘Feedback’ button.
You will be asked to fill out a short survey and add any comments or suggestions you might have regarding the dashboard. We appreciate you taking time to submit the forms, as Castor is constantly working to improve the product based on customer feedback.