All survey invitations that have been created and sent in the study will appear in the 'Surveys' tab:
You can make use of this tab to track the survey progress, to re-send survey invitations and to archive (or un-archive) any unnecessary surveys. Each row is a separate survey invitation and contains several categories (columns):
- Record - the record ID to which the invitation belongs.
- Institute - the institute to which the record belongs.
- Package name - the name of the survey package.
- Status - the status of completion of each survey; this can be Open (the survey was never started), In progress (the survey was started but not completed), Completed (the survey was finished), and Locked (the survey was locked).
- Progress - the progress of each survey in percentages.
- Date created - the date when the invitation was created
- Date planned - the date when the invitation is planned to be sent. This column will be empty for surveys that are sent without planning, i.e. immediately upon creation.
- Date sent - the date when the invitation was sent. This column will be empty for surveys that are not sent, i.e. for invitations that were created with the 'Decide later' option for date of sending.
- Date completed - the date when the survey was completed by the participant.
You can click on the heading of any of these categories to sort the surveys according to that category in an ascending (one click) or descending (two clicks) order. The last column contains a cogwheel that you can click to edit the survey invitation or view the survey responses. Clicking on the cogwheel reveals the following options:
- Edit invitation properties. Here you can edit the email of the recipient, the phase to which the survey belongs to, and the sending schedule. Note: editing the email address in the survey invitation does not edit the email address of the record itself.
- View survey (without editing). This is to simply view the survey results.
- Open the survey for data entry in a popup or in a new window. This can be used for viewing the survey or editing it, for example, if the subject fills in the survey directly on site, or if the researcher enters the answers for them from a printed version.
- (Re)send an invitation mail. This can be used to resend the invitation in case the subject has not responded to the survey.
- Print the filled in survey for personal archiving.
- Lock the survey to prevent further modifications. Note: if the survey package was created in a way to automatically lock the survey upon finishing, the survey will be automatically locked and therefore this option will read "Unlock survey".
- Archive the survey. This will archive the survey invitation and stop any future scheduled sending. If the study was never live, there will be an additional option to fully delete the survey invitation.
In the top of the 'Surveys' tab, several filters are available that can be used to narrow down the listed surveys. The filters are listed below:
Institute: Show only records that belong only the selected institute.
Survey name: Show all surveys that contain the word 'Daily'.
Completion status: Displays all incomplete surveys. There are eight different completion statuses:
- Created - the survey invitation is created, but has not yet been sent.
- In Progress - a survey invitation was sent and the respondent has accessed it. The system will display the progress percentage - this figure is based on questions in the survey that were set as 'required', and will not take into account survey questions that are 'not required'.
- Locked - This status indicates that the survey is locked, no further changes can be made and the form can no longer be accessed by the respondent. Surveys can be locked if a study user has manually locked them, otherwise this can be done automatically if the survey settings were set to 'Lock survey if finished'. When this is selected, the survey gets automatically locked once the participant presses the button 'Finish survey'.
- Archived - surveys that were archived. These surveys will not be displayed by default in the general overview.
- Viewed - surveys which have been been opened and viewed, but no data is entered yet.
- Sent - surveys which have been sent but not yet opened.
- Failed - indicates that the survey invitation did not get to the recipient. Most likely because the email address is incorrect. The failed status is still under development and does now only work for re-sending an invitation.
- Completed - data has been entered and all the required questions are filled in. If there are no required questions, the survey will be shown as completed once the participant opens it for the first time.
Record ID: Shows all surveys for a given record.
Date sent: Find surveys that were sent before a certain date.
Date completed: Display all surveys that were completed after a certain date.
Parent: Lists all surveys that belong to the specified phase.
These filters can be combined to narrow down the list of invitations - for example, if you want to find the surveys that belong to Phase 1, linked to institute X and were sent before 1 Dec. This is convenient if you want to send survey reminders.
To clear all the filters, just press 'Reset':
Watch video walk-through on Castor Academy: