Find your way around Castor CDMS
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Using Castor CDMS is super easy! Just follow the steps below, depending on what you want to achieve within Castor CDMS:
No matter what type of user you are, you must begin by creating your Castor account.
Study admin path
Create your own study as a study admin.
- Create your study by clicking on the 'Start a new study' button on the 'My studies' landing page.
- Build your study structure by creating study Visits and study Forms (containers for your question fields).
- Build your study forms, Repeating Data structures, and surveys where patient data will be entered.
- Test your newly created forms by creating new test participants, checking your calculation fields and dependencies.
- Invite other participating researchers to help you manage your study and enter data when your study is set to live.
- Set rights for each of your added users, turning them into other study managers, data-entry users, or monitors.
- Set your study to live in study settings and start collecting clean and valid data for your study!
Data entry path
Enter a live study as a data-entry user to enter patient data.
- Enter the live study you were invited to do data-entry for by clicking on the study title on the My studies landing page.
- Create new patient participants using the '+New' button on the Participants tab within the study. Specify the patient's treatment site.
- Enter patient data, completing a study Visit each time the patient visits. The patient data can also be imported from a CSV file.
- As unexpected events occur, add Repeating Data instances to the patient's participant to attach additional information.
- Send out surveys to patients to fill out at home.
- Add question field comments to explain your reasoning for certain values.
- Respond to monitor queries as they review your work.
- Export your data to keep on participant.
Enter a live study as a monitor to review patient data.
- Enter the live study you were invited to monitor for by clicking on the study title the landing page.
- View the participants in the study's participants tab.
- Enter a participant to begin reviewing the entered data.
- As you find discrepancies in data or other oddities, add a query to the afflicted fields to ask questions to the data-entry users.
Some other helpful actions that can be done in Castor CDMS
- Send notifications to the desired user when a specific event occurs within the study. You must have specific rights to set and alter the notification settings.
- View the audit trail to review all of the actions done within the study. You must have specific rights to view the audit trail.
- Lock and electronically sign Visits and Forms within a participant. You must have specific rights to lock and sign Visits and Forms.
- Change your account settings, including your name, email, and password.