Find your way around Castor CDMS
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
Using Castor CDMS is super easy! Just follow the steps below, depending on what you want to achieve within Castor CDMS:
No matter what type of user you are, you must begin by creating your Castor account.
Study admin path
Create your own study as a study admin.
- Create your study by clicking on the 'Start a new study' button on the 'My studies' landing page.
- Build your study structure by creating study Visits and study Forms (containers for your question fields).
- Build your study forms, Repeating Data structures, and surveys where patient data will be entered.
- Test your newly created forms by creating new test participants, checking your calculation fields and dependencies.
- Invite other participating researchers to help you manage your study and enter data when your study is set to live.
- Set rights for each of your added users, turning them into other study managers, data-entry users, or monitors.
- Set your study to live in study settings and start collecting clean and valid data for your study!
Data entry path
Enter a live study as a data-entry user to enter patient data.
- Enter the live study you were invited to do data-entry for by clicking on the study title on the My studies landing page.
- Create new patient participants using the '+New' button on the Participants tab within the study. Specify the patient's treatment site.
- Enter patient data, completing a study Visit each time the patient visits. The patient data can also be imported from a CSV file.
- As unexpected events occur, add Repeating Data instances to the patient's participant to attach additional information.
- Send out surveys to patients to fill out at home.
- Add question field comments to explain your reasoning for certain values.
- Respond to monitor queries as they review your work.
- Export your data to keep on participant.
Enter a live study as a monitor to review patient data.
- Enter the live study you were invited to monitor for by clicking on the study title the landing page.
- View the participants in the study's participants tab.
- Enter a participant to begin reviewing the entered data.
- As you find discrepancies in data or other oddities, add a query to the afflicted fields to ask questions to the data-entry users.
Some other helpful actions that can be done in Castor CDMS
- Send notifications to the desired user when a specific event occurs within the study. You must have specific rights to set and alter the notification settings.
- View the audit trail to review all of the actions done within the study. You must have specific rights to view the audit trail.
- Lock and electronically sign Visits and Forms within a participant. You must have specific rights to lock and sign Visits and Forms.
- Change your account settings, including your name, email, and password.